Monday, August 13, 2007

Today, yesterday, and tomorrow.

Well, today, I'd just decided to write something about today, yesterday and tomorrow. Just by looking at it, I think most of you out there would think that it's just something that had happened just yesterday, or today, or what's gonna happen tomorrow. However, this isn't the case. The title simply means, a simple life.

Looking at myself today, I'd just found out that life's as pointless as usual, because it was so cliched and all. I had to go to school, study for tests, take them, and just wait for the results later on. Life's all about school? Well, that's what I'd always thought, when I had lost all motivation and peseverance to fight on towards my dream.

Now, we all have dreams, but, I wouldn't know your's if you hadn't shared it with me. My dream, as stated so many times, is to become the character and storyboard designer for Final Fantasy XIX (19). Despite me talking about how confident and how I'm going about to achieve my goal, I still lack self confidence, for having this dream to come true is as similar as walking on clouds, at least that's what I think.

Friends are always there to support me, but there are those who discourage me from going forward, for they too are concerned, and hoped that I wouldn't spend too much time for something they thought was unachievable. I appreciate that my friends are trying their best not to get my hopes too high, but I must say that I am not a person who would succumb to such difficulties. The reason?

I want my life to be meaningful. Today, it may have seemed as though it's a day for my biology test. Yesterday, it may have seemed as though it was a day for revising biology. Tomorrow, it may seem as though I would revise for my maths test on Wednesday. Is this what I want in my life? Is this what all of you want? I don't really think so.

Personally, I define simple life as a satisfied life, not materialistically, but spiritually and psychologically. I may have all the money and all, but I may not have the time or rather, energy to use them well. It'd always be better if you put what you have right now into good use, isn't it?

Yesterday, I learnt more about the world, through my biology revision. Today, I was reminded that I shouldn't take things for granted, by the Hospice talk in school. Tomorrow, I shall spend my time and energy, to live a simple life, instead of living a chained life. I'll take things into my hands, and do whatever I wish to, be it pursuing a dream that most people would think it'd never be fulfilled, or even daydreaming about whatever awaits my in the future.

Today, yesterday, and tomorrow, all of them shall be the days that I'll spend with happiness, laughter, and joy. A simple life, a life that you'd always live with, as long as you stay positive on whatever you're doing.

Well, to those who have tried stopping me from achieving my dream, I thank you for being caring as I know all of you have meant well so as to not let me hurt too much when I do fail in the future.

For those who have supported me in my way or another, I thank you all for the encouragement, and I will definitely do my best to walk on clouds.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey dude, u wrote this before you took the math CCT rite?
Care to recomment on some of the stuff u said?
Do not get too idealistic because:
1. You start feeling too good about urself
2. You always get disappointed.
Really, how many of the stuff u said could still hold true after the math CCT?

p.s. Becoming a storyboard designer cant be as difficult as walking on cloud, cuz he will omnislash you, and even Sephiroth cant take that.

Jack said...

your P.S is really funny cheng. i appreciate that, lol.

Anonymous said...

o.o eheh you posted ah. i didn't know. TAGGGGG! & all the best for studies la.

P.S Dont think too much o.o

The author

A boy, a kid, a student.